BORACAY!!!
Okay, so, despite my saying that I will not post here anymore, I will. I changed my mind.
See, someday in the future I will come across this blog and read all of the entries and I will catch a glimpse of what I did and who I was in the past.
Anyway, Boracay.
Here is a review of the activities we did: (NOTE: In all activities we wore a life vest for safety.)
1. Banana Boat- COOL!!! It's for the wimps like me. There's a long pencil-shaped (not banana-shaped!) salbabida that has about 6 or 8 seats. Basically, the seat is just a slight dent and there's a strap in front of you that you have to hold so as not to fall. The "pencil" is tied to a speedboat (they are about 5 meters apart). When the speedboat moves (pretty fast, may I add), the "pencil" moves with it! It's kinda scary because you're on the ocean, in deep waters, with only a life vest to assure you. But it's FUN.
2. Speedboat- Okay, I included this because it was fun. Kinda like the Banana Boat, except you're riding the speedboat itself and the salty water doesn't slap your face. Very windy--keep your hats away from your heads unless it's tied to your neck. We don't want to pollute the water with hats.
3. Flyfish- UWAAAA!!! (Sorry, been reading mangas lately.) I honestly don't know what came over me when I decided to ride this. It's like the banana boat, except it's shaped differently. Imagine 3 logs tied together (like this: III <--). One log can seat two people, so six people in all. NOTE: The log is just so you can imagine the shape, it's a floaty thingie too, like the Banana Boat. The speedboat is tied to it too, but here's the key difference: The Flyfish is 100% (or 200%) faster than the banana boat. Opening your eyes=SALTwater spraying your pupils! Here's a small illustration:
I I I <--first row
I I I <--second row
NOTE: This is an enlarged illustration of the first illustration (the III one). Same view.
First row--Safe. Can even open your eyes for a bit.
Second row--UWAAAA!!! NEVER OPEN YOUR EYES. HOLD ON AS TIGHT AS YOU CAN, IGNORE THE SLIPPERINESS OF THE HANDLES, JUST HOLD ON FOR DEAR LIFE!!! Why? BECAUSE THE FLYFISH GOES COMPLETELY VERTICAL. AND THE ONE IN THE BACK ROW (ME) GETS HER BODY HALF-SUBMERGED IN THE WATER. YOU GET, LIKE 3 SECONDS TO PULL YOURSELF UP, AND THE FLYFISH IS GOING LIGHTNING SPEED AGAIN, AND THEN IT'LL GO VERTICAL AGAIN!!! AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN!!!
It's achi's fault! I TOLD her I wanted to be in the first row, but nooooo, she said the back row was safest and unscariest. And she went to the front row, but mommy decided to join us and made achi switch to the back row (there are two people in the back row, the other seat was unoccupied). LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO ME! I WAS IN SHOCK THE WHOLE RIDE. SERIOUSLY! Nanghina ako!!! <--Couldn't think of any English word that could express what I felt.
4. Scuba Diving- I don't know what it's really called, but I think this is it. We don life vests and goggles. ("Hindi ako nakakahinga!" I told Tricia, panicking. "Duh. Sa mouth ka dapat hihinga!" she replied.) The goggles had an attached nose cover-y thingie so you can't breathe through your nose. We were supposed to use the tube thingies to breathe, but mommy said they were probably dirty so we didn't use them. We went down the boat and fed some bread to the fishes. I saw Dory! It was AMAZING. Above water, you'll think the water was shallow, because you see some corals (usually, it's see through=shallow), but when you use your goggles and peek below, it's actually super deep, like ten times my height! Seriously! There are MILLIONS of fishes, but I concentrated on the corals, they were so pretty! I did feed the fishes, but not much, I was mostly gazing at the seafloor. SOOO BEAUTIFUL!
5. Parasailing- A must-do. At first, I was UBER scared, because I'm a.) scared of heights, b.) scared of the ocean. But, well, I had to do it since we already paid for it. It was two per ride. Achi and Tricia, me and Chase. This is what happens: you are tied to the boat, and you are tied to a parachute thingie too. What happens is that the rope between you and the boat gets longer and longer, and the parachute-balloon thingie makes you float in the air. The longer the distance between you and the boat, the higher you go. I just closed my eyes and imagined I was flying with the flock (LOL).
FYI: We stayed at The Tides, a hotel right in the middle of D'Mall, and a few steps away from the beach--ideal location.
Few days before school. I'm super nervous. Why? Because I promised that I would:
a.) Improve my academic status
b.) Improve my behavior and personality
c.) Make friends
Hopefully I'll succeed.
Ciao!
Keep you posted,
Via
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home